Our hardboard is a cost effective, rigid engineered panel with smooth surface on one side and textured on the other. We currently supply trade quality 3mm hardboard sheets at the most competitive prices.
What is Hardboard?
Also known as high-density fiberboard is a type of engineered wood panel that is produced from small wood chips of softwood logs, mixed and bonded with binding agents then hot pressed to form a durable hardboard sheet.
Hardboard is a traditional type of wood panel that is predominantly used in the following applications:
- To produce furniture components for household and for commercial furniture – like cabinets, sidings, beds etc. The surface of the hardboard sheets is smooth, it is either vinyl covered or painted and therefore it is often used as interior decorative panelling and siding.
- Used as a pegboard and as a display panel
- Widely used in packaging industry to produce containers for equipment or any other fragile pieces.
- Used in production of jigsaw puzzles, toys, billboards and various signs.
Benefits of Hardboard
- Smooth surface enables application of various coverings like paint or vinyl
- Easy to work with thanks to its thin profile which allows that sometimes-needed flexibility
- It is recyclable