If you have a landscaping project or perhaps you decided to transform your pathway or drive do not look any further than MGN Builders Merchants. We have a great selection of premium quality decorative aggregates that will complement any existing landscaping or planting project both residential and commercial. Our selection of construction aggregates includes stones in a variety of colours, such as Plumb Green Slate, Polar White stones and Cotswold Buff they are naturally sourced and require little maintenance.
Types of Decorative Aggregates
Decorative aggregates suppliers offer a great selection of building aggregates for a variety of purposes. They are available in different forms, sizes, and textures, they can be crushed or simply used in their natural state. The variation is so wide that there is a type of aggregate that will suit any type of building project. Below is a list of the most popular aggregates which are also available to purchase in our online store.
- Cotswold Buff – is the angular shape gravel stone in natural yellow and cream shades. Is the perfect choice for landscaping, line paths, borders, and patios.
- Play Bark is a natural, multi-purpose type of decorative aggregate that is derived from forestry woodchips and widely used for landscaping projects
- Red Granite Chippings – also referred to as Lanark Red or Harden Red is rich deep coloured an eye-catching decorative stone. It is a hardwearing and versatile decorative aggregate that will surely enhance the appearance of your landscaping project. The common construction uses are in drives, paths borders and rockeries.
- Green Welsh Granite Chippings 20-16mm – also known as a Welsh Green it is an extremely popular choice for decorative projects and drives. It appears in a blend of green with grey hues and might change the shades when wet.
- Scottish Pebbles – this type of aggregates is fish friendly so can be utilised in ponds and water features, and also widely used in landscaping and decorative garden projects.
- Polar White Decorative Gravel – stunning angular gravel in creamy white colour, this type of gravel will provide the ultimate modern finish to any type of decorating project.
- Plumb Green Slate is a versatile ground covering that provides stylish element in multiple areas in your garden but can also be used in paths and driveways.
Applications and Benefits of Decorative Aggregates
The list of benefits of using decorative aggregates UK is extensive. The versatility, cost-effectiveness of these naturally sourced building materials will transform your outdoor space, improve drainage, or simply will allow you to create a beautiful garden pathway. Please read on to find out how decorative aggregates bulk bags can be of use in your construction project. The list of benefits is much longer, in the text below we have highlighted the most popular uses, for further information or recommendations please get in touch with our team of experts and they will be able to guide you in the selection process.
- Aggregates will improve drainage.
The aggregates will reduce greatly the chance of your garden flooding by simply allowing water to run through into the ground they are also widely used in pipe bedding and soakaways.
- Weed Control.
When it comes to controlling weeds in your garden you will most likely think about chemical-based solutions. In fact, along with the weed membrane, a thick layer of bark chippings will do magic. Just make sure that you are using enough bark chippings at least 2-3 inches, it is essential to stop light from getting through and therefore is an effective solution in ween control.
- Re-surface a driveway
Decorative aggregates near me are a cost-effective solution for your driveway that will compliment and add that relaxed and traditional look to your landscaping project. Particularly important to note is that the material that you will choose for your driveway will have to be able to withstand heavy loads and for a tighter fit, the smaller size chippings will have to be selected. For instance, Cotswold Buff will be one of the great solutions for your driveways as it will brighten a shady area and will be able to withstand heavy loads. As an extra precaution, it is highly recommended to use ground stabilising mesh that will prevent the aggregates from moving on sloped or flat surfaces.
- Garden pathways and gap filling
Decorative aggregates coverage is so diverse that they can also be used in garden pathways and in gap fillings. Whilst pebble and chippings can be a perfect solution to put around the edge of patios you can also simply fill the gaps, most of the building aggregates can be used in garden pathways. Be rest assured that they will enhance the space and give a professional finish to your project.
It can be particularly difficult to find a reliable supplier for your decorative garden supplies and hard landscaping materials. MGN Builders Merchants has got you covered. We also have a great selection of paving blocks, pebbles, and cobbles. We offer same-day delivery or click and collect service. If you have any question, simply get in touch with our sales team on 01708985022 who will help you to choose the building materials that you require.
Play Bark Decorative Chippings Bulk Bag£149.99 £124.99
Green Welsh Chippings Decorative 20-16mm Bulk Bag£149.99 £124.99
Cotswold Buff Decorative Gravel 20mm Bulk Bag£149.99 £124.99
Plumb Green Slate 40mm Decorative Bulk Bag£149.99 £124.99
Red Granite Chippings 20mm Decorative Bulk Bag£149.99 £124.99
Scottish Pebbles Decorative 30-50mm Bulk Bag£179.99 £149.99
Polar White Decorative Bulk Bag£179.99 £149.99