If you have a landscaping project or perhaps you decided to transform your pathway or drive do not look any further than MGN Builders Merchants. We have a great selection of premium quality decorative aggregates that will complement any existing landscaping or planting project both residential and commercial. Our selection of construction aggregates includes stones in a variety of colours, such as Plumb Green Slate, Polar White stones and Cotswold Buff they are naturally sourced and require little maintenance.
Types of Decorative Aggregates
Decorative aggregates suppliers offer a great selection of building aggregates for a variety of purposes. They are available in different forms, sizes, and textures, they can be crushed or simply used in their natural state. The variation is so wide that there is a type of aggregate that will suit any type of building project. Below is a list of the most popular aggregates which are also available to purchase in our online store.
- White Pebbles is a stunning and elegant choice for any landscaping project. These rounded dolomite decorative stones give off an amazing sparkle in the light, creating a peaceful and serene atmosphere in any space. Can be used in flower beds, borders, or water features.
- Flamingo Stone Chippings are premium washed aggregates that combine the natural beauty of marble with the delicate hues of pink and grey. This stunning mixture is expertly crafted with white dolomite to create a unique and sophisticated look.
- Black Ice Chippings are a premium washed mixture of black basalt and grey marble angular chippings that are perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any space. Decorative black stone chippings feature a striking contrast between the deep black and light grey hues, creating a dramatic and eye-catching effect that is sure to impress
- Scottish Pebbles This type of aggregate is fish friendly so can be utilised in ponds and water features, and also widely used in landscaping and decorative garden projects.
- Gravel Stabiliser is a natural porous paving structure. The gravel is added to interconnecting panels of hexagonal cells to create a cost-efficient and eco-friendly surface. It has been conceived to be almost invisible when filled with gravel.
- Plum Slate Chippings are natural slates that add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any landscaping project. Whether you're looking to create a natural and organic garden or to add a touch of sophistication to your outdoor space, Plum Slate is a versatile and long-lasting option that won't disappoint.
Applications and Benefits of Decorative Aggregates
The list of benefits of using decorative aggregates UK is extensive. The versatility, cost-effectiveness of these naturally sourced building materials will transform your outdoor space, improve drainage, or simply will allow you to create a beautiful garden pathway. Please read on to find out how decorative aggregates bulk bags can be of use in your construction project. The list of benefits is much longer, in the text below we have highlighted the most popular uses, for further information or recommendations please get in touch with our team of experts and they will be able to guide you in the selection process.
- Aggregates will improve drainage.
The aggregates will reduce greatly the chance of your garden flooding by simply allowing water to run through into the ground they are also widely used in pipe bedding and soakaways.
- Weed Control.
When it comes to controlling weeds in your garden you will most likely think about chemical-based solutions. In fact, along with the weed membrane, a thick layer of black slate chippings will do magic. Just make sure that you are using enough black slate chippings at least 2-3 inches, it is essential to stop light from getting through and therefore is an effective solution in ween control.
- Re-surface a driveway
Decorative aggregates near me are a cost-effective solution for your driveway that will compliment and add that relaxed and traditional look to your landscaping project. Particularly important to note is that the material that you will choose for your driveway will have to be able to withstand heavy loads and for a tighter fit, the smaller size chippings will have to be selected. For instance, Cotswold Buff will be one of the great solutions for your driveways as it will brighten a shady area and will be able to withstand heavy loads. As an extra precaution, it is highly recommended to use ground stabilising mesh that will prevent the aggregates from moving on sloped or flat surfaces.
- Garden pathways and gap filling
Decorative aggregates coverage is so diverse that they can also be used in garden pathways and in gap fillings. Whilst pebble and chippings can be a perfect solution to put around the edge of patios you can also simply fill the gaps, most of the building aggregates can be used in garden pathways. Be rest assured that they will enhance the space and give a professional finish to your project.
It can be particularly difficult to find a reliable supplier for your decorative garden supplies and hard landscaping materials. MGN Builders Merchants has got you covered. We also have a great selection of paving blocks, pebbles, and chippings. We offer same-day delivery or click-and-collect service. If you have any questions, simply get in touch with our sales team on 01708985022 who will help you to choose the building materials that you require.