MGN Builders Merchants is a reliable and trusted birch plywood supplier, our range includes trade quality responsibly sourced birch plywood sheets such as birch plywood 18mm and 12mm birch plywood. We guarantee the lowest birch plywood prices in London & Essex.
What is Birch Plywood?
The core of the birch plywood is made of solid birch veneers that are cross banned and laminated with strong industrial adhesive. The main advantage of birch plywood uk is that it provides a void-free core and is visually more appealing than any standard plywood additionally, it has an excellent strength to weight ratio.
What is Birch Plywood used for?
Thanks to the superior dimensional stability the birch plywood provides it is widely used in making, cabinets, tool stands, fences and work tables. It is not only stable but has a nice appearance and therefore could be used to create drawer boxes, certain types of furniture, shelves to name a few. The birch ply board is water and mould resistant so unlike standard OSB board the birch plywood will not foster mould if you have a plumbing leak. Baltic birch plywood is also used in the construction of skateboards, trailer shells and other furniture parts again to name a few.
Advantages of Birch Plywood
- Screw holding capacity - thanks to the void-free core the birch plywood provides superior screw holding features.
- Clean cut joinery - uniform birch veneers layers and void-free core enables edges and shape once sanded and finished.
- Stability & Strength - unlike other types of plywood that are prone to warping the birch plywood does not warp thanks to the cross-banded layers this production method ensures that the sheets are balanced
- Appealing appearance - the edges of the finished products looks very attractive without applying edge tape and edge banding, all you need to do is to sand and finish the edges.
- Easy Cutting - this is one of the few plywood types that is produced in large enough sheets with consistent throughout density that enable cutting with the laser.